Housing Case Manager
Housing Case Managers provide support services for the families living in our housing units under the supervision of the Program Services Manager. The case managers for Attain Housing work as a team to ensure that all families are well supported in their journeys out of homelessness. A commitment to collaboration and support is key to success. At Attain Housing, we strive to provide a flexible schedule, and a chance to make a big impact in your own unique way.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Meet regularly with families/individuals, assisting them in identifying resources, developing action plans, and securing services. Provide information and appropriate referrals and facilitate access to other resources as needed.
- Assist families in establishing goals and working toward them.
- Evaluate progress and work on areas of concern. Explore ways to eliminate barriers to success.
- Advocate for families at hearings/DSHS/unemployment office/etc.
- Screen families for eligibility for housing and place program participants in available units based on eligibility guidelines.
- Prepare program participant leases, supplemental contracts, and other agreements.
- Work with program participants to resolve site-related problems and/or disputes.
- Oversee and participate in property management duties i.e. report maintenance issues, perform basic apartment inspections, work with volunteers, facilitate various contracted labor.
- Assist in identifying permanent affordable housing/home ownership opportunities.
- Mediate/negotiate with landlords when necessary.
- Assist participants in garnering furniture and other household items.
- Assist participants in identifying and participating in continuing education opportunities.
- Review program participant files and ensure that all program records and resident documentation are maintained as required.
- Record number served and services provided. Compile statistical information on services provided as required. Provide information for input into Safe Harbors (HMIS) database.
- Enter available housing units in Safe Harbors (HMIS) database
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, client review and case conferencing.
- Perform other duties as needed to help effectively operate the program.
- Support Attain Housing events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
- At least three years direct social service experience with low-income and homeless population and/or emergency assistance program.
- Ability to work well with community agencies, congregations, organizations, volunteers and other resources.
- Ability to assess participant barriers and qualities to success.
- Ability to make sound judgments without on-site supervision.
- Good organizational, record keeping, time management, and communication skills.
- Strong community building skills. Experience, ability, and willingness to communicate and work with staff, volunteers, and program participants from a variety of racial, cultural, lifestyle, and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work reliably and independently with minimal supervision and also as part of a team.
- Must have own car, Washington state driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
- Must pass Washington State Patrol background check.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work remotely using available technology such as smart phones, tablets etc.
- Knowledge of King County human service systems and East King County agencies.
- Paid and/or volunteer work experience with emergency shelter, transitional housing programs, and/or other residential programs.
- Knowledge and experience with the following: domestic violence, crisis intervention, child abuse, substance abuse, mental health, welfare rights, case management, support group facilitation, sexual assault, employment services, child development, and/or positive parenting skills.
- Proficiency in a 2nd language is a plus.
- Compensation is in $40-42K range DOE; 40 hours a week; Exempt position
- Fully paid medical and dental insurance
- Participation in a Simple IRA with matching by Attain.
- Monthly stipend for cell phone usage
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible schedule available as agreed upon by Executive Director
- Ability to work remotely on a part-time basis as agreed upon by Executive Director
- Dog-friendly office environment
You can apply here through Indeed.com or send your cover letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download a PDF of the full job description.
ATTAIN HOUSING is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination in all employment activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information or political beliefs.