Recap of Attain Explains! Session One: The Rent Debt Crisis
Our first Attain Explains session provided a ton of useful information, context, and insight into how service agencies are attempting to mitigate evictions and how renters are trying to prevent the accumulation of rent debt during the ongoing pandemic. If you missed the session, we’ve got it posted on YouTube so you can watch it at your leisure. Here are some relevant timestamps to help you navigate the session.
- Welcome and introduction – 0:00-3:30
- Presentation by Marilyn Littlejohn, Case Manager in the Eviction Resolution Program, Dispute Resolution Center of King County – 3:30
- Statistics on eviction filings – 5:28
- Eviction mitigation strategies – 12:07
- Why not wait until after the moratorium? – 15:30
- Presentation by Greg McLeod, Program Services Manager for Attain Housing – 19:52
- Overview and status of Stable Home rental assistance program – 20:23
- Attain’s involvement with the King County Eviction Prevention Rent Assistance Program – 25:22
- The outlook for 2021 for Stable Home – 27:25
- Q&A session – 31:07
Stay tuned for details on the next session coming later this summer. Stay safe out there and thank you for supporting Attain Housing!